Improving access to medicines for millions of patients worldwide. We do this by providing affordable, innovative, and high-quality solutions.
Founded in 1974 by Dr. Barry Sherman, we’re a proudly Canadian, global pharmaceutical company that produces high-quality, affordable medicines (both generic and innovative pharmaceuticals) for patients around the world.
From our humble origins of only two employees, we’ve grown to employ more than 5,000 people in Canada in manufacturing, R&D and commercial operations.
Through vertical integration, Apotex is comprised of multiple divisions and corporations:
- Apotex Inc., focused on generics
- Apobiologix, a division of Apotex Inc. focused on biosimilar development
- ApoPharma, focused on the discovery and development of innovative medicines
- Aveva, an affiliate of Apotex Inc. fully integrated global developer and manufacturer of complete transdermal solutions.
- Apotex Consumer Products, a division of Apotex Inc. focused on brand name products
- Global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (GAPI), a division of Apotex Inc. focused on the manufacture of APIs for Apotex and third parties
Our culture is guided by our core values of Collaboration, Courage, Perseverance and Passion. They inform how we work and how we connect internally and externally with our customers, partners and other stakeholders.
Our Canadian Footprint
Apotex is proud to have roots in Canada with a strong focus on the core Canadian market:
- Strong Canadian leadership team
- >95% of Apotex products sold in Canada are made in Canada
- 4 state-of-the-art manufacturing sites
- 1 in 5 prescriptions filled in Canada is an Apotex product
Our leadership team is focused on growing and sustaining the Canadian business and maintaining thousands of high-quality, highly skilled jobs in our country.
Over the years, Apotex has helped to bring prescription drugs to market before patent expiry, and in doing so we have saved Canadians almost $19 billion by bringing products to market early.