Improving access to medicines for millions of patients worldwide. We do this by providing affordable, innovative, and high-quality solutions.
Founded in 1974 by Dr. Barry Sherman, we’re a proudly Canadian, global pharmaceutical company that produces high-quality, affordable medicines (both generic and innovative pharmaceuticals) for patients around the world.
From our humble origins of only two employees, we’ve grown to employ more than 8,000 people worldwide in manufacturing, R&D and commercial operations.
Through vertical integration, Apotex is comprised of multiple divisions and affiliates:
- Apotex Inc., focused on generics
- Apobiologix, a division of Apotex Inc. focused on biosimilar development
- Aveva, an affiliate of Apotex Inc. fully integrated global developer and manufacturer of complete transdermal solutions.
- Apotex Consumer Products, a division of Apotex Inc. focused on brand name products
- Global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (GAPI), a division of Apotex Inc. focused on the manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) for Apotex and third parties
Our culture is guided by our core values of Collaboration, Courage, Perseverance and Passion. They inform how we work and how we connect internally and externally with our customers, partners and other stakeholders.
Our Global Footprint
We export to over 100 countries and territories, and our global footprint includes presence in the US, Mexico and India, and includes a network of distributors and strategic alliances.
Globally, we have the capacity to produce 24 billion tablets and capsules per year, which, in turn are used to fill over 90 million prescriptions in Canada alone, or one in five prescriptions.