IP & R&D Support
Our expertise in API process and analytical research and development has been built on a solid foundation in underlying critical skill sets.
- Innovative API Synthetic Route Design
- Custom Synthesis
- Structure Elucidation and Characterization
- API Solid State Form Development (polymorphic forms, salts, and co-crystals)
- Process and Materials Hazard Screening
- Experimental Design
- Forced Degradation Studies and Stability Evaluation of APIs
- Analytical Method Development
- Specification Development
- Continuous processing automated high throughput screening.
Our process design chemists rely on expertise with a variety of synthetic methodology and techniques for the highly efficient, selective assembly of APIs. Illustrative examples include asymmetric catalysis, phase transfer catalysis, classical resolution of racemates, organometallics (Li, Mg, Pd, Ru, Sn, B, Si, Al, Ti, Zr, etc.), solid phase techniques, and supercritical fluids and alternative clean reaction media. Our global teams are experienced in handling a diverse range of molecular targets, including prostaglandins, steroids, peptides, polymers, nucleosides, carbohydrates, and heterocycles.
We leverage the latest in instrumentation and technologies, including:
- Automated Multireactor
- Solid-Phase Peptide Synthesis
- Reaction and Adiabatic Calorimetry
- Powder Safety Testing – MIE, Charge Decay, Impact/Explosive Testing
- NMR Spectrometers: Multinuclear and Gradient, VT
- DSC, TGA
- GC/HS, GC/MS
- Powder X-Ray Diffraction
- ICP/MS, ICP/OES
- UPLC, HPLC (UV/RI/Fluorescence/ELSD/MS Detection), Preparative Scale
- SE/GPC Chromatography
- Elemental Analysis by Combustion
- Ion Chromatography
- Laser Diffraction Particle Size Analysis
- High throughput screening apparatus with integrated high selectivity diffractometer
- Isolator for synthetic work with high potency compounds
- Continuous processing reactor.