Canada’s Pharmacy Professionals play a critical role in improving patient health. Apotex values the critical front-line patient support Pharmacy Professionals provide to Canadians every day. Increasingly the impact of these front-line healthcare providers is being recognized, most recently with expanded prescriptive powers and administering abilities in many provinces. The APOthecary Heroes Awards Program is our way of honouring pharmacy professionals for their continued efforts to strengthen the Canadian healthcare system – allowing Canadians to express their gratitude.
We are pleased to launch season three of the APOthecary Heroes Awards Program, dedicated to showcasing the positive impact of pharmacy professionals in our communities and Canada’s healthcare system. Sharing the same objective of World Pharmacists Day, this year’s program reinforces their message by bringing to light the value and continued potential of pharmacy professionals in strengthening our healthcare system.
This program is open to any Canadian – including consumers, patients, other pharmacy professionals, and healthcare professionals – who wants to recognize a pharmacy professional of choice, including themselves. Nominators will be required to highlight how the pharmacist, pharmacy technician, assistant, or student has gone above and beyond in their day-to-day role supporting patients and/or the pharmacy practice.
All nominations are assessed on the following:
- the extent to which the nominee’s pharmacy involvement impacts patient health
- activities undertaken to support pharmacy practice
- outstanding effort for patients, their community and/or pharmacy practice
The winning pharmacy professionals are each awarded a $2,000 CAD donation to a registered charity of their choice that aligns with the Apotex Giving Philosophy of improving access, increasing affordability, and fostering innovation.
All nominators must be a Canadian resident of legal age of majority. Please follow the below steps to enter the program:
- If you’re a Canadian Pharmacy Professional and want to self-nominate, click here to apply.
- If you want to nominate a Pharmacy Professional, click here to apply.
- Complete the application form online which includes providing a description and/or supporting materials showcasing how the nominee goes above-and-beyond for patients and/or the pharmacy practice.
- Submit your entry online.
Program begins on September 25th, 2023 (12:01 AM EST) and ends on October 25th, 2023 (11:59 PM EST).
We encourage you to share information about the APOthecary Heroes Awards Program with your online network. Click here for sample graphics and social media posts that you can use to spread the word!